The Art of Laziness

What the hell happened to me over the last few days that I never even logged into blogger? I will attribute it to blogger block… or the fact that I could find excuses to not write… I just wanted to do nothing… just lie around in bed and watch movies… when hungry order food… then continue watching movies… you understand that you don’t even have to move the fingers to type…

I would not call myself lazy… I will just call it extremely optimized mobility… I won’t move unless absolutely necessary… I will not move any part of my body unless absolutely necessary… for example if I am in a position where my eyes are watching my laptop, I would not move my head to talk to my neighbor sitting about a foot away from me… no I will chat… because I use only those muscles in my body that are already in the inertia of motion… the rest are in the inertia of rest… why expend energy unnecessarily…

Laziness as everyone calls it and EOM (Extremely Optimized Motion) as I call it, is a virtue… everyone should adopt it… it saves a lot of time and brings in great efficiency… Let me try to make some points here so that everyone can understand…

I don’t do more work than absolutely necessary… breeds mediocrity is the general verdict… no it does not according to the theory of EOM, you don’t want to do more than absolutely necessary… that includes avoiding rework… now any smart EOM guy would do the cost benefit analysis and realize that a little bit of extra effort today in doing that small piece of extra work saves a mighty huge load of effort in terms of harder rework… got it – a defect free delivery and great initiative in going beyond the specs (actually the specs were written by a lazy bum who left out this part where my initiative came in)

Sometimes I don’t speak out/up/to/beyond/on/etc just because I don’t want to open my mouth muscles and exercise my tongue muscles… I just listen… and man do people appreciate a good listener…

I go to classes early in the morning only because I have breakfast… you see the clever way in which I try to achieve optimized motion techniques to get 2-3 things done with one action… the prof is happy to see a sincere guy attending his classes… I am happy that I get to have my breakfast… a win-win situation for all.

I very rarely go out of my house… “great outdoors enjoy the fresh air”, everyone says… “you can’t even run this errand for me on your bike?” , says my mom… but don’t they realize all that petrol I am saving by not running my bike for simple errands…

Well coming back to the bloggers block, I attribute it to my EOM… I found a trigger on Friday… until then I thought a great thought leader needs to rest his most overused muscles sometimes…

1 comment:

SRK said...

man... this MBA bug has eaten up ur brain...

put some anti-virus into ur brain, if u hv any left...

never imagined tht laziness cud become the latest mgmt jargon...