Driven by inertia...

why name a blog "inert matter" ? is it the very nature of the blog to be inert ? Or is it something to do with the nature of the blogger ?

what is the state of being inert... dictionary says something like "being sluggish and non-reactive"... (actually i am a bit lazy to even look it up in the dictionary so u got to trust me on this).

Ok... now that the definition is somewhat in place, let us come back to why i name this blog inertmatter...

Newton was probably the only person who gave a "good" usage to the name. He said - "every body continues to remain in a state of inertia unless acted upon by an external force to change its state..." . So when Newton means everybody, he means everybody - i am a law abiding citizen.

I am a non-conforming idealist... at the same time i am lazy too... i don't wish to take up the onerous duty of ridding the world of all its evils and making this a utopia... so all my outpourings (also called cribbings by those who hear me) should go somewhere... i am running out of patient listeners... even my roomies seem to be spending more time in the library reading rooms in the company of big books (yeah, no typo there !!!).

So here goes - i exercise my right to freedom of speech and expression. All my views are mine only. If it affects you in any way, you are free to exercise your free will to be either affected or not affected. And based on the affection, if you are acting, it is again your free will, not my free gifts...

As always, my matter is always inert, you bring the external force.

No comments: